Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a dashboard with text inputs and drop-down forms in Splunk 6.2.4, why am I getting error "Duplicate labels causing conflict"?

edroche3rd
Explorer

Good evening everyone!

I am trying to create a keystore dashboard with a handful of text inputs and a handfulof drop-down boxes. I am running version 6.2.4 Enterprise. I am getting "Duplicate labels causing conflict" error on the dashboard panel and under the field editor. I have tried changing every setting for the field to something different and that didn't work. I have attached an image file with screen prints with my settings and xml code.

Any thoughts? I have read the 2 below posts but no luck.alt text

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/221599/duplicate-labels-causing-conflict.html and

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/240661/receiving-a-duplicate-labels-causing-conflict-erro.html?utm...

1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi edroche3rd,

I had the same problem and solved by adding a dedup to the population search. Adapted to your drop down try something like this:

| inputlookup belts.csv | dedup level | table level

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi edroche3rd,

I had the same problem and solved by adding a dedup to the population search. Adapted to your drop down try something like this:

| inputlookup belts.csv | dedup level | table level

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

splunksurekha
Path Finder

am using this below query but still facing the same issue Duplicate labels causing conflict
| inputlookup alertreport | search AlertName!=NULL |dedup AlertName| table AlertName

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Would you be able to post your alertreport lookup file?

0 Karma

edroche3rd
Explorer

Thanks MuS....Thank worked perfect!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...