Dashboards & Visualizations

Create a Dashboard With a List of Alerts or Reports

SplunkLunk
Path Finder

So according to our admins there isn't an easy way to nest alerts on the "Alerts" page. I have a number of departmental alerts and I just have to keep scrolling down to get to some of them. I start each alert using a naming convention so they are grouped on the page, but it's annoying to scroll through dozens of alerts. Is there a way to create a dashboard I can lump each area's alerts into a panel that I can click on? So alerts for "Marketing" in one panel. Alerts for "IT" in another panel. It would just be easier for me to navigate alerts for specific areas that way. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Try this search : | rest /services/saved/searches | table title

<dashboard>
  <label>test1</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <search>
          <query>| rest /services/saved/searches | table title</query>
          <earliest>0</earliest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="count">20</option>
        <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
        <option name="drilldown">cell</option>
        <option name="percentagesRow">false</option>
        <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
        <option name="totalsRow">false</option>
        <option name="wrap">true</option>
        <drilldown>
          <link target="_blank">alert?s=%2FservicesNS%2Fnobody%app_name%2Fsaved%2Fsearches%2F$click.value$</link>
        </drilldown>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

This will give you list of all saved searches which you can point to specific alert using dashboard drilldown.

The drilldown is

<link target="_blank">alert?s=%2FservicesNS%2Fnobody%app_name%2Fsaved%2Fsearches%2F$click.value$</link>

You need to find the link and paste it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...