"STATUS":"FAILURE",

"DURATION":5 hrs, 13 mins,

"PARTS":[

{ "NAME":"abc",

"PART_NO":[ "2634702", "2634456","2634890",] },

{ "NAME":"xyz",

"PART_NO":[ "2634702", ] },

] }

I wanted to calculate the count of PART_NO and plot it in a chart. The PART_NO are repeating and i want to calculate the repeated value also, i used count here. I used |timechart count(PARTS{}.PART_NO{}) but it is giving wrong count. Is there any different method to calculate the count?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anooshac,

rename it or use before timechart or use quotes: sometimes with json fields there's some problem:

| rename  "NAME{}.PART_NO{}" AS PART_NO
| rimechart count BY PART_NO

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

I want to get the chart for 2 data . If i use count by will i be able to get the data for 2 charts?

I used | timechart span=1d distinct_count(NUM), count(NAME{}.PART_NO{})

I used the solution you provided but the count is still not matching with the data i uploaded. The reeating values are not being considered. How to consider the repeating values for the count?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It should be PARTS not NAME

| timechart count by PARTS{}.PART_NO{}

That being said, in what way are the counts "wrong"?

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Sorry i used the same. The count i got from the query does not match with the data i uploaded. The repeating values of the PART_NO are not considered eventhough i used count. How to consider the repeating values? Also  I wanted to plot chart for both NUM and PART_NO, used | timechart span=1d distinct_count(NUM), count(NAME{}.PART_NO{}). Used the solution given by you also. Still showing the same result.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...