Dashboards & Visualizations

Converted SimpleXML dashboard to HTML, trellis not working for single value

vegardw
Engager

I have a dashboard that I have converted to HTML. The dashboard contains a single value element with trellis enabled:

<single>
    <search>
        <query>| ess index="sandbox_report*" scan=true $only_high_score$| stats count by sandbox</query>
        <earliest>$timepicker.earliest$</earliest>
        <latest>$timepicker.latest$</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">none</option>
    <option name="height">185</option>
    <option name="trellis.enabled">1</option>
    <option name="trellis.size">medium</option>
</single>

This works as expected.

When I convert the dashboard to HTML however, the trellis doesn't work anymore. The element is displayed without trellis, as a standard single value element.

The converted code:

var element1 = new SingleElement({
    "id": "element1",
    "trellis.enabled": "1",
    "trellis.size": "medium",
    "drilldown": "none",
    "height": "185",
    "managerid": "search1",
    "el": $('#element1')
}, {
    tokens: true,
    tokenNamespace: "submitted"
}).render();

Does anyone have any pointers on why this does not work as expected, and how to fix it?

0 Karma

Lazarix
Communicator

SingleValues only work inside of an entire view XML module and include all the HTML that is generated.

You may need to use Sideview Utils to get what you want out of this particular situation, as the HTML probably won't let you do what you need.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@vegardw I dont think Trellis is supported in HTML dashboard. What is the requirement for using HTML dashboard?

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...