Dashboards & Visualizations

Convert to HTML not working when setting and unsetting tokens through drilldown

thomill
Explorer

I'm facing an issue where after configuring a drilldown to set one token and unset another, I'm unable to convert the dashboard to HTML. I can convert the dashboard if I am only either setting or unsetting a token. When I configure a to panel to do both, the Convert to HTML button becomes unresponsive. Looking at the console, when clicking Convert to HTML I receive a 500 Internal Server Error from /converttohtml.

Is this a known limitation to HTML conversion or unexpected behavior?

0 Karma

anthonymelita
Contributor

Does this mean you solved your issue?
I just upgraded from 7.3.3 to 8.0.5 and have a dashboard I can no longer convert to HTML.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@anthonymelita any specific reason for conversion to HTML dashboard? Can you not use Simple XML Extensions (JS+CSS_ for the same?

anthonymelita
Contributor

Our dashboard is basically html to begin with. The whole thing is a bunch of token filled tables over an SVG, and it has css in-line, which a Splunk update broke back in 7.2 something iirc. The XML used to render just fine before then.

why_html.png

0 Karma

thomill
Explorer

I had to change my drilldown configuration to only set a token, then I was able to convert the dashboard to HTML. After converting to HTML I was able to add back in the functionality to unset another token without any issues.

thomill
Explorer

Unfortunately I have very specific UI requirements outside of the visualizations that require using HTML dashboards.

I was able to see how it worked by separating the functionality I was exporting. Good to know that we can handle it through JS. I'm quite a novice there so I'm often creating the functionality in Simple XML and seeing how it is changed by export.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...