Dashboards & Visualizations

Conditionally Adjusting Line Chart Colors/Adding Distinction

cxr5971
Path Finder

Hello all,

I have a line chart that is built similarly to the splunk article title "Finding and removing outliers" (not enough karma to post the link.....). In any case, I have a bunch of outliers that are defined by the isOutlier eval statement. I would like some method to outline these on the blue CON line a bit better. As you can see, as you drag the mouse across the chart, I have it set so it will provide insight of all the different data at that time frame. The bottom orange line spikes to 1 if there is an outlier above the upper line, or if it is below the lowerl line.

Is there some way to highlight the CON value in a different color or something where these outliers exist?

How do I create a drilldown so that when someone clicks on the data point that a search is run to show all the events at the time where the data point was?

index=data sourcetype=json
| bin _time span=5m
| streamstats count(seen.indicator) as "Count" by seen.indicator _time
| eventstats avg(Count) as "newAVG" by seen.indicator
| eventstats stdev(Count) as "newSTD" by seen.indicator
| eventstats count(seen.indicator) as "Temp" by seen.indicator _time
| eval upper = newAVG+(newSTD*1.2)
| eval lower = newAVG-(newSTD*1.2)
| eval isOutlier=if(Temp < lower OR Temp > upper, 1, 0)
| timechart span=5m values(Temp) as CON, eval(values(upper)) as upperl, eval(values(lower)) as lowerl, eval(values(isOutlier)) as Outliers by seen.indicator usenull=f useother=f
| filldown

alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...