Dashboards & Visualizations

Column chart - adding labels directly below each column and coloring the columns

mmkoehler
Loves-to-Learn

I've read a bunch of questions and answers on this topic but I am not able to implement the column chart meeting these two requirements:

1. For each column there should be a lable directly below the column.
  2. Each column should have a predefined color.

This is a mock-up of how it should look like:

mmkoehler_0-1632307748394.png

These were my two attempts:

First attempt (Coloring the columns did not work, but labels below the columns worked):

search:  

index=itdmfc-p source="jira_history://IT-DemMgmt-FC" issue_type="Sub-task"
| rename components{} AS components
| where components LIKE "Cloud"
| dedup key
| eval assigned = if(status=="Assigned", "Assigned", null)
| eval inProgress = if(status=="In Progress", "In Progress", null)
| eval waiting = if(status=="Waiting for customer", "Waiting for customer", null)
| eval accepted = if(status=="Accepted", "Accepted", null)
| eval declined = if(status=="Finally Declined", "Finally Declined", null)
| eval obsolete = if(status=="Obsolete", "Obsolete", null)
| eval total = "1"
| chart count(total) as Total, count(assigned) as Assigned, count(inProgress) as "In Progress", count(waiting) as "Waiting for customer", count(accepted) as Accepted, count(declined) as Declined, count(obsolete) as Obsolete
| transpose 0 column_name="Status"​

Result: (impossible to color the single columns separately)

mmkoehler_0-1632311657031.png

I've tried coloring the columns with <option name="charting.seriesColors">[ffffff, F5B041, F7DC6F, D5DBDB, 3DB42A]</option> and also with charting.fieldColors but it didn't bring the expected result.

Second attempt (Coloring the columns worked, but labels below columns not):

search: 

index=itdmfc-p source="jira_history://IT-DM-FC" issue_type="Sub-task"
| rename components{} AS components
| where components LIKE "Cloud"
| dedup key
| eval assigned = if(status=="Assigned", "Assigned", null)
| eval inProgress = if(status=="In Progress", "In Progress", null)
| eval waiting = if(status=="Waiting for customer", "Waiting for customer", null)
| eval accepted = if(status=="Accepted", "Accepted", null)
| eval declined = if(status=="Finally Declined", "Finally Declined", null)
| eval obsolete = if(status=="Obsolete", "Obsolete", null)
| eval total = "1"
| chart count(total) as Total, count(assigned) as Assigned, count(inProgress) as "In Progress", count(waiting) as "Waiting for customer", count(accepted) as Accepted, count(declined) as Declined, count(obsolete) as Obsolete​

Result:

mmkoehler_2-1632311962111.png

This second attempt allowed me to color the columns, but I wasn't able to add the labels directly below each single column.

Is there a way to combine both requirements: Having labels directly below the columns as in my first attempt and coloring each column separately as in my second attempt?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jhanvidattani
Path Finder

You can refer to spunk solution to see how to assign a specific colors to chart columns based on it's value: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-to-assign-colors-to-values-in-a-chart/...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...