Dashboards & Visualizations

Cloud - Dashboard Studio - What is the correct way to Link to custom URL table tokens

mikemenzies
Engager

I have a table with a few columns in it. One of the columns is 'url'. I would like to construct a relative search URL that opens in a new tab.

{
            "type": "drilldown.customUrl",
            "options": {
                "url": "/en-US/app/search/search?q=search%20index%3D\"$index$\"%20url%3D\"$click.value$\"",
                "newTab": true
            }
        }

Token resolution works. $index$ is replaced as it should be (this is an existing token on my dashboard). But I can't seem to access anything in table. $click.value$ is clearly wrong. I've tried a bunch of other styles from the docs too.

$row.url.value$

$row.url$

$row.value.2$

$url.value$

The problem I think is that I'm looking at documentation for older Splunk versions and/or documentation for the classic xml dashboard.

What's the correct way to do this? Also, is there up-to-date documentation available for this?

Labels (2)

Champ
Engager

Hi, 

I was having the same issue at first. Looks like you will just need to make your url one whole line for this to have the functionality you want.

{
                "url": "/en-US/app/search/search?q=search%20index%3D\$index$\%20url%3D\$click.value$\",
            }
        }

If it isn't working then you may need to add the whole url path to the url input:

{
                "url": "https://my-splunkpath.com/en-US/app/search/search?q=search%20index%3D\$index$\%20url%3D\$click.value$\",
            }
        }

If the click value isn't working you may want to look at your tokens above. I added another token event handler to set the token before the url handle. It does have a bit of a delay on my end though. Hopefully this adds a bit of direction for further use. 

"eventHandlers": [
 {
   "type": "drilldown.setToken",
   "tokens": [
	{
	  "token": "selection_tok",
	  "key": "click.value"
	}
	]
    }
},{
                "url": "/en-US/app/search/search?q=search%20index%3D\$index$\%20url%3D\$selection_tok$\",
            }
        }

Hope that helps / fills in some of the gaps for new people looking into adding dynamic search to their dashboard. 

MMahlberg
Explorer

Correct Answer here.

This now also works in Splunk Enterprise 9.0.

Unfortunately there is no way yet to add both via the GUI and you have to go into the Code Editor to add the other Part.

0 Karma

Lucas_Stern
Engager

Mike, the docs for the dashboard studio is the following:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2112/DashStudio/tokens

But, I also didn't manage to make the link work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...