<drilldown>
   <condition match="'click.name'==nameOfFirstColumnInChart">
     <link target="_blank">app/search/nameOfRelatedDashboard1</link>
   </condition>
   <condition match="'click.name'==nameOfSecondColumnInChart">
     <link target="_blank">app/search/nameOfRelatedDashboard2</link>
   </condition>
</drilldown>

I've also tried direct links within the link tags.
What I want to happen is that the column is clicked and a related dashboard is opened in a new tab.
What keeps happening is that the column is clicked and in the same tab a search is run for that particular column.
So the code is close but not what I need... Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

0 Karma

poete
Builder

Hello,

what you describe here looks a lot like what is described in section Conditional linking of http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Viz/DrilldownLinkToDashboard.
Only the conition on the name of the field is not according to the documentation.

Did you already check this?

link22
Explorer

I have a few times. However I am unsure what to put for my condition for each column in my chart. I thought I was getting the name of the column, however it turns out it is not matching the name at all. Do you have suggestions for how I can determine which column is being clicked? Also what exactly is the "field" term for? Could that help? Thank you!
EDIT: This is also for chart, not a table. The example show is for the columns of a chart which is different than the column of a table.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@link22, if on clicking the table your dashboard runs a search in the same dashboard, it implies that both the conditions defined in the drilldown are not being hit. You can test the same using empty <condition> block to use as else condition.

<drilldown>
    <condition match="'click.name'==nameOfFirstColumnInChart">
      <link target="_blank">app/search/nameOfRelatedDashboard1</link>
    </condition>
    <condition match="'click.name'==nameOfSecondColumnInChart">
      <link target="_blank">app/search/nameOfRelatedDashboard2</link>
    </condition>
    <condition>
       <!-- IDEALLY this code should not be hit or should be DO NOTHING BLOCK -->
      <link target="_blank">app/search/somethingelse</link>
    </condition>
 </drilldown>

For us to assist you better you should add the current output in your table with column names and at least one row of all values. If you can also add the SPL that would be even better.

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...