Dashboards & Visualizations

Choropleth map hover mouse tooltips not working- Is this a bug?

kevansrbfcu
Explorer

I have created an IP choropleth map that correctly shows colors and numbers. I then save it as a dashboard. When no data is loaded on the dashboard yet I am able to hover mouse over each country and the tooltip shows the Country name + 0 IPs correctly. After any data has begun to load, the mouse tooltip shows the country + # IPs for the 1st country that the mouse hovers over, even if I hover the mouse over other countries.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Splunk version: 8.2.3 on Linux.

Thanks in Advance!  🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kevansrbfcu
Explorer

Once you have data populated for the map, this is when the mouse hovering stops working.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kevansrbfcu ..

did you use Dashboard Studio(as per the label)..

and could you update us the screenshot pls

0 Karma

kevansrbfcu
Explorer

splunk1.pngsplunk2.png

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kevansrbfcu ..yes, just i verified this on my test lab and the dashboard studio does exactly the same what you said(even though my search did not produce any results, the choropleth map loaded and it says country name and "-no data-").. 

so, i think this is by the design(as per my understanding)

the documentation gives some good details on choropleth map formatings.. i have not done any format options yet.. on freetime today i will check this for you. meanwhile you also give it a try:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/DashStudio/mapsChorConfig

0 Karma

kevansrbfcu
Explorer

The actual issue is when data is loaded. In this screenshot I innitially hovered over the United States I get data for that country. But when I hover over any other country after the United States, the tooltip is stuck showing data for the United States still. The tooltip is stuck. 

kevansrbfcu_1-1641584616197.png

gn694
Communicator

I had the same issue (tooltip gets stuck on the first country I mouse over) and found your post while looking into the problem.   Knowing it wasn't something I did (I'm still learning my way around Dashboard Studio) I went on to work on something else.  I just went back to my dashboard an hour later (I had left the dashboard up, I did not reload it just now), and the tooltip is now working as expected (changing for each country I mouse over.)  Looks like it just takes some time to work properly...

We are still on Splunk 8.2.6, so maybe it has been fixed in a later version of Splunk...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...