Dashboards & Visualizations

Choropleth Map in Glass Table not working

gpugliese
Explorer

Hi all,

I wrote a SPL query to generate the table to be used as data source for a world choropleth map within my glass table on Splunk Cloud with the ITSI app.

The query is defined as follows:

index=test
| rename country as iso2
| stats count by iso2
| lookup geo_attr_countries iso2 OUTPUT country
| fields - iso2
| geom geo_countries featureIdField="country"

It runs well in the search interface (both on a Splunk Cloud instance without ITSI and with ITSI) and in a world choropleth map on a "traditional" Splunk dashboard: the country are always colored as expected.

However, when I add this query in the data configuration section of a new world choropleth map on a new glass table in the ITSI app, I get only a message of "Cannot get geoJson data.".

I supposed the glass table cannot find the data, but if I use the same query in another visualization type (e.g. table), the data are displayed as expected. Data are correct and the query works well even if I click on "open in search" near the empty widget of the map while in visualization mode.

Could you please support me in resolving this issue? I couldn't find any suggestion or example online for choropleth maps in glass tables.

Thanks,

G.P.

Labels (2)

Fraserorrr
Engager

Any Resolution, been having an identical problem 

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...