Dashboards & Visualizations

Choropleth Map, count by counties

dholz
Engager

Hello All,

I am trying to visualize data in a choropleth map using shapefiles. My goal is to show a count of a field by county in PA. I have yet to find a well configured shapefile for all counties in PA, so I had to use one for the counties in all of the US. Unfortunately when I use the geom command this includes any other counties of the same name in the map vis.  Is there a way to filter out other states and just include PA? or can I set bounds for this map so it only visualizes PA?

Image of Choropleth map as is

dholz_0-1612368054450.png

Search:

sourcetype=*sourcetype* province=Pennsylvania
| stats latest(*stats*) as "*name*" by county
| geom nat_counties_lookup featureIdField=county

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dholz
Engager
0 Karma

dholz
Engager

Solved using this blog to make my own kml file using a shapefile: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/use-custom-polygons-in-your-choropleth-maps.html 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...