Dashboards & Visualizations

Check boxes using advanced module

vaishnavi07
Explorer

I need to provide check boxes with varying number of options depending on what value i select in a drop down. the drop down value is then passed to the query to get the list of options to display in check box. Am using advanced module to build my dashboard. Is there any way to do this without using sideview utils?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ArthurGautesen
Path Finder

Depending on the specifics, you need to be certain at least one result will occur in your search. I'm using a similar dynamic checkbox list to display sourcetypes.

my search is 5 searches (four are appended to the first) just to get my "List" of checkboxes.

<input type="checkbox" searchWhenChanged="true" token="VisibleRows">
<search id="Check">
index=$Index$ $HowFarBack$ sourcetype="mySource1" | fields sourcetype | head1 | stats dc(sourcetype) as Checklist by sourcetype | eval Checklist=if(Checklist>0,"MyCheckbox1","") | table Checklist | append [search index=$Index$ $HowFarBack$ sourcetype="mySource2" | fields sourcetype | head1 | stats dc(sourcetype) as Checklist by sourcetype | eval Checklist=if(Checklist>0,"MyCheckbox2","") | table Checklist] | append [search index=$Index$ $HowFarBack$ sourcetype="mySource3" | fields sourcetype | head1 | stats dc(sourcetype) as Checklist by sourcetype | eval Checklist=if(Checklist>0,"MyCheckbox3","") | table Checklist] | append [search index=$Index$ $HowFarBack$ sourcetype="mySource4" | fields sourcetype | head1 | stats dc(sourcetype) as Checklist by sourcetype | eval Checklist=if(Checklist>0,"MyCheckbox4","") | table Checklist] | append [search index=$Index$ $HowFarBack$ sourcetype="mySource5" | fields sourcetype | head1 | stats dc(sourcetype) as Checklist by sourcetype | eval Checklist=if(Checklist>0,"MyCheckbox5","") | table Checklist]
</search>
<fieldForLabel>Checklist</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>Checklist</fieldForValue>
<default>None</default>
</input>

The default for $Index$ is *
The default for $HowFarBack$ is earliest=-14d@d latest=now
The token for $Index$ is produced by a dropdown, and $HowFarBack$ is produced by a static radio list
The number of results in Checklist will produce the same list of checkbox values/labels

With this search, if there is no "mySource1" then the line will yield zero $job.resultCount$ and there will be no results for Checklist (which is preferable to a blank line in my case because one of the sourcetypes will appear in Checklist, just not necessarily all five).

Essentially the search yields dynamic results (but in this case a single field named Checklist will hold the entire list of results), which will end up as a checkbox for each result.

Hope this Helps.

0 Karma

vaishnavi07
Explorer

Please let me know if anyway is there to do this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...