Dashboards & Visualizations

Charts not populating after post processing is done.

theouhuios
Motivator

Hello

I am completely new to the post processing concept hence having few issues with coding it in xml

`<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<![CDATA[index="main" sourcetype="incident" |dedup record.incidentId| stats count by record.assignmentGroup,record.priority ]]> `

Last 24 hours

Count by Priority - 1
<![CDATA[where record.priority="1" ]]>
bar
gaps
false
right

</chart>

Count by Priority - 2
<![CDATA[where record.priority="2" ]]>
bar
gaps
false
right

</chart>
 <chart>
   <title>Count by priority -3</title>
   <searchPostProcess> <![CDATA[where record.priority="3"  ]]> </searchPostProcess> 
   <option name="charting.chart">column</option> 
   <option name="charting.chart.nullValueMode">gaps</option>
   <option name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked</option> 
   <option name="charting.layout.splitSeries">false</option> 
   <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option> 
   <option name="count">10</option>
   <option name="displayRowNumbers">true</option> 

</chart> 

I don't know why but the data isn't getting populated in the charts. Can anyone please explain where I am doing a mistake. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Made changes and pasted the code again. Now in the postprocess it only has the where field. Am I missing something here?

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

change the post processes to just the where clause and remove the field, eg. |where record.priority=3 | fields - record.priority.
You don't have _time anymore, so you can't bucket by it. You'd need to bucket by time in the original search template.

theouhuios
Motivator

Thanks for that. But it still doesn't populate the charts below. Am I doing anything wrong in the searchTemplate ?

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Thanks for that. But it still doesn't populate the charts below. Am I doing anything wrong in the searchTemplate ?

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The properties are searchPostProcess and searchTemplate not searchpostprocess or searchtemplate. Does that sort it out?

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Any help please?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...