Dashboards & Visualizations

Chart collapsing threshold

gauldridge
Path Finder

When building dashboards and form searches, I know I can set the charting.chart.sliceCollapsingThreshold option to 0 to ensure no data will be rolled up into the "other" category. I have actually found a situation where this does not really ensure that all series will be shown. In one specific case I found today, data can be rolled into the "other" category, even when using this option, if the percentages are way different.

Does anyone know if there is something like charting.chart.lineCollapsingThreshold that will do the same thing for line graphs? So far, it looks like my only option is to use useother=f option. However, since this only hides the data, it does not accomplish my goal. I want to show all the lines in the graph.

Even though I could find no documentation stating that the option charting.chart.lineCollapsingThreshold exists, I tried it anyway but to no avail.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Instead of useother=f you can give limit=0 a go.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Instead of useother=f you can give limit=0 a go.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...