Dashboards & Visualizations

Changing a dashboard from private to public

a212830
Champion

Hi,

How can I change a dashboard for a customer from private to public? He's unable to do it (pretty sure this is a 6.1 bug). Is there a way to do it outside the gui?

Tags (2)

johnglass
Explorer

Make him an admin. Then share the dashboard and put him back after all.

0 Karma

dolivasoh
Contributor

As as user with power level or greater permissions you can clone the dashboard then share the clone. Otherwise your user needs elevated permissions to be able to share out his dashboard.

a212830
Champion

It's not a permissions issue. He has power user and the ability to share. I'm almost certain it was a bug in 6.1, and the work-around was to do it in the back-end.

0 Karma

dolivasoh
Contributor

I don't see any known bugs like this in the 6.1* release notes. Can you try to find the defect # for this bug? Otherwise my instinct leans me towards app level permissions.

Out of the UI, you gotta get it out of the users directory and into the app directory. May be best to simply copy and paste the dashboard XML into a new view instead of devote too much time to it.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

1. Login to Physical server for Search Head.
  2. Go to $Splunk_Home/etc/users/<>/<>/local/data/ui/views
  3. Copy the required dashboard xml to $Splunk_home/etc/apps/<>/local/data/ui/views
  4. Go to $Splunk_home/etc/apps/<>/metadata and add following to local.meta file

[views/<>]
access = read : [ * ]
export = none

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

How would that work with SHP? There is no ../etc/apps/local directory on the NAS filesystem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...