Dashboards & Visualizations

Cant get box plot to work

matansocher
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a box plot of my data.
the output of my search is:

alt text

I get the error:
Failed to load source for Box Plot visualization.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@matansocher @Goesta if you are using Machine Learning Toolkit app, Box Plot visualization comes with the App along with example for how to plot in corresponding Splunk Docs: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/latest/User/Customvisualizations#Boxplot_Chart

Following is a run anywhere search based on Splunk's _internal index that you can try out:

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO earliest=-7d@d latest=now
| bin _time span=1d
| top 5 component by _time
| stats min(count) exactperc25(count) median(count) exactperc75(count) max(count) by component
| untable component calculations count 
| xyseries calculations component count 
| eval calculations=rtrim(calculations,"(count)")

Following is the snippet of above query:

alt text

PS: If you are using Box Plot Custom Viz from Splunkbase, you should be aware that it was built using older Custom Visualization API for Splunk 6.4 which is no longer supported after version 6.5.

Goesta
Explorer

I get the same error in IE, but not in Chrome or Firefox. Maybe you'll want to test another browser.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...