Dashboards & Visualizations

Can you position a text input on a dashboard between vertical stacked panels?

Path Finder

I have 3 panels, top one spans the full width and the bottom 2 split the screen. Is there a way to position a text input field between the top panel and the 2 lower panels. I dont want it to be part of either lower panel

0 Karma
1 Solution

Path Finder

Go to Edit - Source and insert <row><panel></panel></row> between the first row and the second row. After this you will be able to drag'n'drop text input field to this new panel - it will be between the top and the 2 lower panels.

View solution in original post

Explorer

Doesn't look like I can do the same with the "Submit" button.  Or at least there's not something to grab and drag with it.

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sjbriggs you can use Link Input from Splunk as Submit button with some CSS override and Token handling 🙂
Heck, you can have multiple Submit buttons as well.

Refer to one of my older answers on similar lines: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/Each-Dashboard-Panel-should-able-to-run-qu...

Path Finder

Go to Edit - Source and insert <row><panel></panel></row> between the first row and the second row. After this you will be able to drag'n'drop text input field to this new panel - it will be between the top and the 2 lower panels.

View solution in original post

Path Finder

Exactly what I needed Thanks

0 Karma

Champion

This is a good work around. Create an empty panel through the xml/html and then drag the input filter to this panel, visually it still stays between the two rows of panel, upvoted...

0 Karma

Legend

Hi a238574,
without modifying CSS, inputs panels can be inserted only in the top of the form or in one or more panels.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma