Dashboards & Visualizations

Can you export a dashboard made in Dashboard Studio to a PDF using the API?

joeybagofdonuts
Explorer

I created a dashboard in dashboard studio and want to setup an alert action that when a certain metric passes a threshold a PDF is emailed to a group of people. In my head the alert action is a a script that does an API call to generate a PDF and then emails it as an attachment to the group. 

However when I use this API command the output is blank. It works fine with a standard dashboard.

curl -X POST -u <user>:<password> -k 'https://localhost:8089/services/pdfgen/render?input-dashboard=my_dashboard&namespace=search&paper-size=a4-landscape ''

My question is has the API not been updated to support exporting dashboards made in Dashboard Studio or am I missing an additional parameter?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

Jedi
Observer

Did you had a response? Please give us an update. 

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @Jedi - This request is on our roadmap but still not available yet. We appreciate your patience as we continue adding more features into Dashboard Studio

0 Karma

sanurd1
Engager

Hi @elizabethl_splu 
Is this feature now available in dashboard studio?

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@sanurd1, unfortunately this is not available yet but we are continuing to work on it. You can also check the release notes when new Splunk versions are released to check when it is available. 

sanurd1
Engager

Thank you @elizabethl_splu . very much appreciate your response. Will keep an eye on the release notes.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks @joeybagofdonuts for the question and following up via dashboard-studio@splunk.com. We don't currently support this capability, but are actively enhancing the capabilities of Dashboard Studio. The best place to submit feature requests (and to let others upvote) is on Splunk Ideas

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

This is currently not supported in Dashboard Studio. Can you send an email to dashboard-studio@splunk.com They may have more information for you on this topic and be interested in this use case. 

0 Karma

joeybagofdonuts
Explorer

Will do! Thanks for the idea, I wasn't aware this email existed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...