Dashboards & Visualizations

Can we use our own costume javascript except form setup.xml?

amolp07

I want to use my own written java script except form setup.xml in Technology Add-on(Moduler Input).
I want to update setup.xml dynamically.
Is this possible?
please late me know if is there any way to achieve this? or alternative way

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@amolp07

You can create YOUR_APP/appserver/static/application.js and write your logic in this file. But you have to take care in your javascript logic development style.

application.js is automatically called in setup.xml so no need to include. But as there is auto-inclusion of application.js we have to take care that your logic in javascript, like executing code only if some element found on page load. Just try and let me know if any issue.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@amolp07

You can create YOUR_APP/appserver/static/application.js and write your logic in this file. But you have to take care in your javascript logic development style.

application.js is automatically called in setup.xml so no need to include. But as there is auto-inclusion of application.js we have to take care that your logic in javascript, like executing code only if some element found on page load. Just try and let me know if any issue.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...