Dashboards & Visualizations

Can't login via Splunk Javascript API

narabhut
Explorer

I have a local install of Splunk with default login details (username: admin, password: changeme) and I'm trying to run the examples provided by the Javascript SDK, and I get a 500 Internal Server Error upon login. I am sending a POST request to http:// localhost:6969 /proxy/services/auth/login?output_mode=json and I get this as a response -

{"d":{"__messages":[{"type":"ERROR","text":"Proxy Error","code":"PROXY"}]}}

Both the Node server and Splunk are running on a Xubuntu VM, if that matters. What am I doing wrong?

0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are working on a fix and will have a new version of the JS SDK out soon. I dont know of any workaround. If you can downgrade, it should work with 0.8 without issues.

0 Karma

arathig
Explorer

Any update on this? i am using latest JS SDK on Mac

0 Karma

narabhut
Explorer

Newest version of Node from official repo so 0.10.12. Is there a way around it?

0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk and Node are you running? Keep in mind that there is a known issue with 0.10 version of Node.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...