Dashboards & Visualizations

Can a dashboard automatically page down when a new panel opens below the clicked on panel?

cblanton
Communicator

My dashboard is a set of panels that open via drill down, one below the next.
When a panel opens I would like the page to move down so that the new panel is seen.
Currently, it's hard to tell that the click even did anything if you're not looking for the panel to open below.

Thanks!

0 Karma

jagadeeshreddy2
Explorer

As per my understanding, You need the panels to be hidden and it needs to be display when you click on specific row or column value.

From your first panel - Edit drilldown -- Manage tokens on this dashboard - Speicfy/update token values.

<drilldown>
          <set token="sample">$row.fieldname1$</set>
        </drilldown>

In your second panel - pass your token like below 
<row depends="$sample$">
    <panel id="myStylings">
      <title>Webservice Errors Summary</title>
      <table>
        <search>
          <query>
               index=A sourcteype=B fieldname1=* </query>
<earliest>@d</earliest>
<latest>now</latest> 

</search>
</table>
    </panel>
  </row>

Let me know if it helps.

0 Karma

cblanton
Communicator

Hi, thanks, but I have the panels set up and the drill down works, but I need the screen to page down so the new panel is seen and doesn’t require scrolling to see it.

Thanks!

0 Karma

rahul_jasrotia
Path Finder

HI @cblanton , 

Looking for something similar. Did you get it to work by any chance?

0 Karma

vvanlier

I know this is an old question, but something like this should work:

<drilldown>
<set token="sample">$row.fieldname1$</set>
<link>#myStylings</link>
</drilldown> In your second panel - pass your token like below <row depends="$sample$"> <panel id="myStylings"> <title>Webservice Errors Summary</title> <table> <search> <query> index=A sourcteype=B fieldname1=* </query> <earliest>@d</earliest> <latest>now</latest> </search> </table> </panel> </row>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...