Dashboards & Visualizations

Can a dashboard autogenerate different PDFs for multiple customers?

samwatson45
Path Finder

Hi,

I have created a dashboard which summaries some results for our customers, and we are interested in auto-generating some PDFs to send to them. In the dashboard we have a drop down where you can select the customer, however, I am aware that to schedule PDF delivery there need to be no drop down options. The issue is that we have over 100 customers and so I do not want to create a dashboard for each one as this would mean if I need to make any changes then it would likely cause some issues.

Is there any way to have one dashboard and use this along with a list of the emails and customer names where it can generate a PDF and send it to each customer individually?

Thanks,
Sam

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hey,
as far as I know - no, not possible with Splunk built-in methods.
What you could try is this app, which is built by Splunk employees, but not supported by Splunk: Report Capture

It basically simulates a real browser, resulting in Dashboard PDFs that actually look like the dashboard looks in your browser. You might be able to combine that with a javascript that changes the URLs to contain the token of the customer, and call each URL once.
However, this requires some customization effort, so it depends if you want to spend the time.

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...