Dashboards & Visualizations

Can I generate the HTTP Event Collector token on the Heavy Forwarder or Search Head?

sarnagar
Contributor

Where to set Splunk HTTP Event collector on which instance of Splunk?

Can I generate this HTTP Event Collector token on the Heavy Forwarder or Search Head?

When the application writes the data to splunk, will it write to the Heavy Forwarder?

0 Karma

fabiocaldas
Contributor

Hi sarnagar,

I'm using a cluster of Heavy Forwarders as HEC endpoints and I'm controlling it from master. I set my Heavy Forwarder to be a deployment client and I distribute HEC token from master to all of them !!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can generate/setup HTTP event Collector on Heavy forwarder. (can do in Search Head too but setting up on HF will reduce additional load on SH).

tkomatsubara_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See "Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples" (Ver 6.0)
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

In the dashboard, you can find "Default Environment Tokens".
I didn't try, but it looks worth while to try.
For example: $env:instance_type$ = Splunk instance types

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...