Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I calculate HTTP failure Percentage?

Abdullaziz19
Engager

Dear community, I have this:

index=*** sourcetype="*********** " Path=*******"
| stats count by HTTPStatusCode. which will display codes 2**,4**, 5**

Percentage fail0.PNG

then I used this code to calculate the failure rate 

index=***** sourcetype="*****" Path="*****"
| stats count AS Total count(eval(HTTPStatusCode="200")) as Success
| eval Failure = Total - Success | eval Percent_Failure = round((Failure/Total)*100)."%"
| stats count by Percent_Failure 

Percentage fail.PNG

as you can see above it worked fine showing 2% fail rate. so  I added it to my "Classic Dashboard" as a SingleValue and all is good.  but, to my frustration, when add it to my new Dashboard Studio. it shows this :

singleValue :

Percentage fail3.PNG

but when change it to table type:

Percentage fail2.PNG

as you can see the logic is correct and it working fine. but why is it refusing to work as singlevalue in the 

new dash studio? is it compatibility issue in the new studio? my goal is to is just to display a nice percentage of failures. I need your help please I am new to splunk  

thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Abdullaziz19,

Your table is returning two fields: Percent_Failure, and count.

You can make the singe value viz use the "Percent_Failure" field by selecting the following under the "Selected Data Field" option:

danspav_0-1685928253744.png

That way you're specifying the right value to use.

Note that you can also add the "%" character in the dashboard options too - just calculate the numeric value you want to display and set the Unit Label to "%". That way you can also round the number automatically, and set thresholds based on its value.

danspav_1-1685928377424.png

Cheers,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Karma

danspav
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Abdullaziz19,

Your table is returning two fields: Percent_Failure, and count.

You can make the singe value viz use the "Percent_Failure" field by selecting the following under the "Selected Data Field" option:

danspav_0-1685928253744.png

That way you're specifying the right value to use.

Note that you can also add the "%" character in the dashboard options too - just calculate the numeric value you want to display and set the Unit Label to "%". That way you can also round the number automatically, and set thresholds based on its value.

danspav_1-1685928377424.png

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Karma

Abdullaziz19
Engager

I followed your steps and it worked like a charm thanks a lot man.

Abdullaziz19_0-1685957553149.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...