Dashboards & Visualizations

Calculate percentage between two different panels

sobotiv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have a dashboard setup like this. 

sobotiv_1-1622020944340.png

First panel shows statistics by categories, and you can choose a time interval to display the data. Search code is: index=kopo sourcetype="kopo primjeri" category1 |top limit=20 category1. Time range scope is set with the drop down menu above the table, named time_prev

Second panel basically does the same thing, again you can choose the time interval. Search code is: index=kopo sourcetype="kopo primjeri" category1 |top limit=20 category1. Time range scope is set with the drop down menu above the table, named time_curr

What I'm trying to do is, in the third panel, show percentage difference between the second panel count and first panel count.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sobotiv,

in the third panel you have to use both the searches and calculate and display percentages, but the question is: are you sure that the first 20 results (top 20) of the first panel will be the same of second and third panel?

To do this I hint to create only one search with the contents of all panels and then display in each panel the relative field.

Obviously running the same search in three panels you have to use the Post Process Search.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

sobotiv
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hey,

yes, the amount of results is always the same

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...