Dashboards & Visualizations

Beginner queston on interactive dashboard panel

waleed_92

So I'm trying to do something basic, I searched but I couldn't find something that walked me through doing that.
I am collecting logs from F5 load balancer (proxy in a way). And I'm calculating the average delay over time per virtual server, I placed that in a dashboard panel.
alt text

So what I want is to create an interactive panel that automatically shows the average delay per URL at the specific time at the x-axis when the user clicks.
I did this but I'm not sure if thats correct.

alt text

And I created another panel, put a search and chose the "_time" in the earliest and latest time.
but I'm getting an error of the latest time can't be earlier than earliest time, I'm sure im doing something completely wrong but I'm no xml expert yet, if someone can let me know the simplest gui way to do this I'd be grateful.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Download the Splunk Dashboard Examples app for many examples of similar drilldowns and copy the one that you like:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...