Dashboards & Visualizations

Average with filter

Lucie99
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I don't know how to do the average of the "Moy" for all Debit = 5 and per month with DateJour and after this exactly the same but with Debit =25.

screen.PNG

Has somebody an idea ? 

I tried many instructions but don't work ..

Thank you in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Please try:

<base search>
| bin span=1mon DateJour
| stats avg(Moy) as avgMoy by DateJour, Depit

I'm expecting that DateJour is containing time as epoch? If not then you must convert it first to epoch or use _time (instead of DateJour) which already is in correct format.

r. Ismo 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Please try:

<base search>
| bin span=1mon DateJour
| stats avg(Moy) as avgMoy by DateJour, Depit

I'm expecting that DateJour is containing time as epoch? If not then you must convert it first to epoch or use _time (instead of DateJour) which already is in correct format.

r. Ismo 

0 Karma

Lucie99
Explorer

Hi thanks for helping me.   This instruction that is very simiral to yours works, but it gives me the average of all debits (5 and 25) ! How can I do separately the average for debit = 5 and the 2nd average for debit = 25 ? 

| stats avg(Moy) as AvgMoy by _time, Debit      (I used this)

Thank you

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I'm not sure if I understood your question, but if you want those avgs one by one with separate queries then this helps.

<base query> Debit=5
| bin span=1mon _time
| stats avg(Moy) as AvgMoy by _time, Debit

And then the second query with debit=25. And if you couldn't add that on the index=.... then you can catch those lines with

| where debit = 5

later on, but before that stats on your query.

If you are meaning something else then please explain that little bite more.

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...