Dashboards & Visualizations

Auto Refresh Dahsboard Studio

jmatelun
Engager

Hi!

I make a dashboard in Splunk Dashboard Studio, but I don't know how I can program the Auto refresh ( every 1 minute) to update the entire dashboard.

Please Help!

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Chef
Explorer

Hi jmatelun,

You can auto-refresh certain data sources inside your dashboard. Click on whichever data source you'd like to automatically refresh, select the edit button and expand the "code" section. Then you can insert "refresh" and "refreshType" into the "options" section inside the json of your data source. I've included an example below:

{
    "type": "ds.search",
    "options": {
        "query": "| tstats count where index=*",
        "queryParameters": {
            "earliest": "-60m@m",
            "latest": "@m"
        },
        "refresh": "5s",
        "refreshType": "delay"
    },
    "name": "pulsarRateOut"
}

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a way to refresh the entire dashboard in one setting. There's some more information about this here: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/DashStudio/dsOpt#refreshType_and_refresh_options_...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Chef
Explorer

Hi jmatelun,

You can auto-refresh certain data sources inside your dashboard. Click on whichever data source you'd like to automatically refresh, select the edit button and expand the "code" section. Then you can insert "refresh" and "refreshType" into the "options" section inside the json of your data source. I've included an example below:

{
    "type": "ds.search",
    "options": {
        "query": "| tstats count where index=*",
        "queryParameters": {
            "earliest": "-60m@m",
            "latest": "@m"
        },
        "refresh": "5s",
        "refreshType": "delay"
    },
    "name": "pulsarRateOut"
}

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a way to refresh the entire dashboard in one setting. There's some more information about this here: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/DashStudio/dsOpt#refreshType_and_refresh_options_...

Hope this helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...