Dashboards & Visualizations

Anchors or Hyperlinks to scroll down a page

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a dashboard which is comprised of 5 tables. However, sometimes it can get annoying scrolling all the way down. Is there a way that on the top of the dashboard I can have 5 hyperlinks that scroll to a particular section of the dashboard? Would this be possible through giving tables id's? 

The desired functionality is much like confluence where you can put anchors throughout the page and create hyperlinks to scroll to particular sections.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

With the current simpleXML, you cannot use page anchors. However, you could use “depends” where clicking on values at the top of the page reveal the associated panel.

Have a table at the top of the dashboard with the choices of panels as rows down or columns across. Use the drilldown functionality to set a token. The value of the token is used in subsequent panels, initially not visible, to make one of the panels visible, whichever depending on the value clicked at the top.

0 Karma

jhanvidattani
Path Finder

@shakSplunk 

I don't have much idea about these hyperlinks but to avoid scrolling for a long way, you can add below XML tag for tables.  It will show 5 rows at a time and provide pagination for more than 5 entries.

<option name="count">5</option>

If you find my solution fruitful, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...