Dashboards & Visualizations

AmMap Drilldown

Yancy
Path Finder

I've been using the AmMap Example but I'd like to drilldown on a different field than 'ip'. I'm not sure where I can set this though.

Sometimes the field name is different than 'ip' so the drilldown would work better for me if it just searched the raw address instead

IE

instead of searching: ip=127.0.0.1

search just: 127.0.0.1

Great app BTW!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Will_Hayes
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, You can simply set the iterator field to the field value you'd like to drill-down on. so instead of iterator=ip set it to iterator="someField" OR you can simply do iterator="" to have it just pass the value of the IP to the search.

View solution in original post

Will_Hayes
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, You can simply set the iterator field to the field value you'd like to drill-down on. so instead of iterator=ip set it to iterator="someField" OR you can simply do iterator="" to have it just pass the value of the IP to the search.

hbazan
Path Finder

Do you still need this? I can help you if you are willing to do some python programming (merely 1 or 2 lines of code)

hbazan
Path Finder

Ok, lets see if I can guide you. Go to ...\Splunk\etc\apps\amMap\bin and open map_results.py . Serarch for "def format_threat_movies(geo_results):", inside that function check how the variable "url" gets its value. That's the search that will fire when you click on a ballon. You'll see there's a for sentence, inside that for replace this [ uniq_keys = uniq_keys + geo_results[key]["iterator"] + "%3D" + x + "%20OR%20" ] for this: [ uniq_keys = uniq_keys + x + "%20OR%20" ]

0 Karma

Yancy
Path Finder

Yeah, that would be great. I'm completely comfortable writing the python, I think I'm just a little lost as to what part of the implementation needs to be tweaked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...