Dashboards & Visualizations

Allow user to change password in app

yuffie1979
Engager

This is my first time creating an app. I have a requirement to allow certain users to have a dashboard view only, so I have created my own app and the dashboard user role does not have read permission to the search and launcher app. Everything is working fine except for 2 issues:

1. User is unable to change password. When user clicks on "Edit Account", there is a message "Fail: Client is not authorized to perform requested action". The splunkd_access.log is showing myapp/authentication/changepassword/undefined
  2. User clicks on Splunk icon, there is a message "Splunk cannot find the home view".

Please advise on the steps to rectify the problems. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yuffie1979
Engager

Thanks for the reply.
I found a simpler solution through trial and error. Copy authentication_change_user_password.xml from the search app to my own app.

View solution in original post

yuffie1979
Engager

Thanks for the reply.
I found a simpler solution through trial and error. Copy authentication_change_user_password.xml from the search app to my own app.

brook5838
Engager

Can you provide more details on WHERE you put the file? I have tried putting it in about 10 different places, and splunk doesnt pick it up. Still get the following error...regardless of where I drop the authentication_change_user_password.xml file.

App "search" does not support UI access.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For the password part you could have your users added through LDAP, so they can change their password there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...