Dashboards & Visualizations

After creating a custom visualization, why am I getting error "Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization" in Splunk Web?

Julieda
Explorer

Hi!

I have followed the steps for creating a customized visualization (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial ), but when I am testing the visualization in Splunk Web I get the following error:

Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization.

The problem is probably because running npm run build (see step 1 beneath "Rebuild the visualization") does not generate visualization.js. Does anybody have any thoughts on why this is not working?

Julie

0 Karma
1 Solution

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

gddubose
Engager

Lifesaver! I thought I was going crazy for a second after doing some lookups,

-Much Appreciated

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi Julieda,

What version of splunk are you using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...