Dashboards & Visualizations

After creating a custom visualization, why am I getting error "Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization" in Splunk Web?

Julieda
Explorer

Hi!

I have followed the steps for creating a customized visualization (see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial ), but when I am testing the visualization in Splunk Web I get the following error:

Failed to load source for Radial Meter visualization.

The problem is probably because running npm run build (see step 1 beneath "Rebuild the visualization") does not generate visualization.js. Does anybody have any thoughts on why this is not working?

Julie

0 Karma
1 Solution

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

timpopxpop
Engager

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) to fix this question. Try ctrl-shift-r (command-shift-r on mac) or open the page in incognito mode to see if that fixes the problem.

gddubose
Engager

Lifesaver! I thought I was going crazy for a second after doing some lookups,

-Much Appreciated

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi Julieda,

What version of splunk are you using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...