Dashboards & Visualizations

After converting XML dashboards to HTML, how do I import the HTML dashboards into my Splunk Django web framework app?

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Hi,

I have created a new web framework app in Splunk Django.
Now I am trying to import some of my dashboards in my web framework app by converting existing dashboards to HTML and copying those HTML files under:
Myapp
/django
/templates

but when I go to the copied HTML page through Splunk, it shows a message:
Search is waiting for input... and does nothing.

Can someone explain how to import pre-created dashboards into Splunk web framework app?

1 Solution

stephanefotso
Motivator

ok copy your html file here: $Splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/appserver/static/html/. On settings -->user interface--> views, in your app context, you will see your dashboard, run it again and let me know.
Please if a folder does not exist, create it.
Thanks

SGF

View solution in original post

stephanefotso
Motivator

ok copy your html file here: $Splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/appserver/static/html/. On settings -->user interface--> views, in your app context, you will see your dashboard, run it again and let me know.
Please if a folder does not exist, create it.
Thanks

SGF

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Thank you very much for the help, I could add it to my app, Thanks !

0 Karma

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Extremely sorry for the late reply. Yes I could see HTML page under

settings --> User Interface --> Views
But then How to incorporate that in my application. Sorry if my question is too naive.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

On settings --> User Interface --> Views, first select your application in the App context drop down menu. After the selection, you will see the name of your html page . Under acctions , Click on open to launch the dashboard, and let me know if it is working as you need.
Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hello. Please let me know. Is the conversion was from xml to HTML dashboard?
Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Yes right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...