Dashboards & Visualizations

After converting XML dashboards to HTML, how do I import the HTML dashboards into my Splunk Django web framework app?

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Hi,

I have created a new web framework app in Splunk Django.
Now I am trying to import some of my dashboards in my web framework app by converting existing dashboards to HTML and copying those HTML files under:
Myapp
/django
/templates

but when I go to the copied HTML page through Splunk, it shows a message:
Search is waiting for input... and does nothing.

Can someone explain how to import pre-created dashboards into Splunk web framework app?

1 Solution

stephanefotso
Motivator

ok copy your html file here: $Splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/appserver/static/html/. On settings -->user interface--> views, in your app context, you will see your dashboard, run it again and let me know.
Please if a folder does not exist, create it.
Thanks

SGF

View solution in original post

stephanefotso
Motivator

ok copy your html file here: $Splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/appserver/static/html/. On settings -->user interface--> views, in your app context, you will see your dashboard, run it again and let me know.
Please if a folder does not exist, create it.
Thanks

SGF

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Thank you very much for the help, I could add it to my app, Thanks !

0 Karma

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Extremely sorry for the late reply. Yes I could see HTML page under

settings --> User Interface --> Views
But then How to incorporate that in my application. Sorry if my question is too naive.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

On settings --> User Interface --> Views, first select your application in the App context drop down menu. After the selection, you will see the name of your html page . Under acctions , Click on open to launch the dashboard, and let me know if it is working as you need.
Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hello. Please let me know. Is the conversion was from xml to HTML dashboard?
Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

shrirangphadke
Path Finder

Yes right.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...