Dashboards & Visualizations

Advanced XML Dashboard Email Settings

maciep
Champion

Hi all,

Is there any way to see/modify the email setting for an advanced dashboard in 6.0. We're trying to troubleshoot an issue that we think is related to a dashboard that was built in 5.0 with advanced xml and scheduled to send a pdf on schedule. In 6.0, we don't can't see those email settings on the dashboard, but it still does send the pdf on its schedule.

We'd like to find out who that dashboard is getting emailed to and possibly modify the target list. Is there anyway we can find that info on the server?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is most likely in a "savedsearches.conf" file somewhere. In /opt/splunk/etc, (on unix) you can do this command : find . -name "savedsearches.conf" | xargs grep NAMEOFDASHBOARD. That can tell you the location of the files with settings for that dashboard. Most likely, it will be in a users folder somewhere. The parameter is "action.email.to", you can also search with "action.email.pdfview = VIEWNAME".

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is most likely in a "savedsearches.conf" file somewhere. In /opt/splunk/etc, (on unix) you can do this command : find . -name "savedsearches.conf" | xargs grep NAMEOFDASHBOARD. That can tell you the location of the files with settings for that dashboard. Most likely, it will be in a users folder somewhere. The parameter is "action.email.to", you can also search with "action.email.pdfview = VIEWNAME".

maciep
Champion

Thanks! I haven't found the search I'm looking for yet, but tbh, I'm not 100% sure which search I'm looking for - still need to get some info from the user.

But I did find a bunch of savedsearches.conf files and looks like that's where the info will be.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...