Dashboards & Visualizations

Advanced View and Pie Chart

fedevietti

Dear All,

I have to make an advanced view and insert in it a pie chart.

This is my actual xml file, but I cannot find documentation about how to make a pie chart:

template="dashboard.html">
<label>View Fede</label>
<module name="AccountBar" layoutPanel="navigationHeader"/>
  <module name="AppBar" layoutPanel="navigationHeader"/>
  <module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
    <param name="filter">*</param>
    <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
    <param name="maxSize">1</param>
  </module>
<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="IPS" autoRun="True">
   <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1"  DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
   <param name="earliest">1279576800</param>
   <param name="latest">1280008800</param>
   <module name="ResultsHeader">
     <param name="entityName">scanned</param>
     <param name="entityLabel">Events</param>
        <module name="HiddenChartFormatter">
                <param name="chart">pie</param>
                <module name="FlashChart">
                        <param name="height">180px</param>
                        <param name="width">100%</param>
                </module>
        </module>
   </module>
 </module>
</view>

Have anyone a template of a pie chart constructed through advanced view?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

JohnB
Explorer
  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Some Search" autoRun="true">
    <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1" DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
      <module name="FlashChart"></module>
    </module>
  </module>

Using HiddenChartFormatter you can add all sorts of other stuff like colors, labels, etc.

The Pie Chart also has it's own unique custom properties: See http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.5/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piechart

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well that really should work. The only thing I can think of is that you're omitting the 'charting.' prefix, which I didnt think was required but on the other hand I've been using it for a long time as a best practice. (long story)

Try this maybe?

<param name="charting.chart">pie</param>
</module>
0 Karma

JohnB
Explorer
  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Some Search" autoRun="true">
    <param name="search">eventtype="searchIPS1" DestinationIP!="N/A" Severity="High" | stats count by DestinationIP</param>
    </module>
  </module>

Using HiddenChartFormatter you can add all sorts of other stuff like colors, labels, etc.

The Pie Chart also has it's own unique custom properties: See http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.5/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piechart

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...