Dashboards & Visualizations

Advanced Charting and Formatting Options

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have licensing stuff being displayed using Advanced Charting. I would like to have the default for this display have the Formatting Options minimized. I have searched through the docs and can find how I might set this. Can someone point me where I might find more info on how to do this? I have even searched on things like ChartTypeFormatter and haven't found the info I am looking for.

My viewstates.conf has:

[charting:h4id68dp]

AxisScaleFormatter_0_12_0.default = ""

ChartTitleFormatter_0_9_0.default = License by Sourcetype

ChartTypeFormatter_0_7_0.default = line

JSChart_0_7_1.height = 300px

LegendFormatter_0_13_0.default = right

LineMarkerFormatter_0_10_0.default = false

NullValueFormatter_0_12_0.default = gaps

SplitModeFormatter_0_11_0.default = false

StackModeFormatter_0_10_0.default = default

YAxisRangeMaximumFormatter_0_11_0.default = ""

YAxisRangeMinimumFormatter_0_10_0.default = ""

YAxisTitleFormatter_0_9_2.default = Indexed Log data (GB)

Tags (2)
0 Karma

mwhite_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you achieve this by using the HiddenChartFormatter module? It's described on the Advanced Charting Options doc, linked below.

Advanced Charting Options

0 Karma

mwhite_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I'm not mistaken, there is no way to minimize formatting options without having the search results live in a dashboard. I could be very wrong. Hopefully jrod or gkanapathy will drop in and give their $0.02 as their answer will be on the money.

0 Karma

rmorlen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Chart isn't part of a dashboard so I don't think so. It is just rendered using Advanced Charting. I did that on purpose because I like people to see the actual search that generated the results and allow them to tweak the query if they want.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...