Dashboards & Visualizations

Adding a custom banner/footer across the entire Splunk web interface

jeffrey_charbon
Explorer

Hello,

I have a requirement to have a custom banner and footer on every single Splunk page in the web interface. I need the ability to control the color and the text on these banners. I have seen examples of customizing the login page and using the bulletin messages, but neither of these solutions were accepted. Are there any other ways to avoid changing the code base? Splunk version 6.5.0.

The best I can tell is that it would be a change in Splunk's base code such in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/appserver/static/ directory with custom JS and CSS.

jplumsdaine22
Influencer
0 Karma

jeffrey_charbon
Explorer

Thank you jplumsdaine22, but I'm not familiar with that protocol nor how it would be implemented to solve my problem. Can you elaborate please?

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

ICAP will allow you insert data into HTTP traffic - I imagine the footer/banner directive you've been given will apply to all the stuff you need to support, not just Splunk. So it is probably worth investigating

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...