Dashboards & Visualizations

Add trendline to timechart splunk

karthi25
Path Finder

I am having the chart with durations, Now I want add a line over the chart with values as avg(duration). I used below query, but its not showing up trendline

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   |search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
     |eval _time=start_epoch
     |eval end_epoch=strptime(endDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
     |eval duration=round((end_epoch-start_epoch)/3600)
      | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | trendline sma5(duration) as sma_Max_Resp

My expectation will be as followsalt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey try this!

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   
|search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
      |eval _time=start_epoch
       | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration

just add eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration at the end of your query instead of trendline command.

let me know if this helps you!

View solution in original post

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey try this!

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   
|search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
      |eval _time=start_epoch
       | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration

just add eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration at the end of your query instead of trendline command.

let me know if this helps you!

karthi25
Path Finder

@mayurr98 if I want a line in a column chart.. What can I do?? I tried changing the chart type but that average is in a bar shape not a line

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

as per my knowledge, it will not create a line in column chart this solution is only meant for line chart!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...