Dashboards & Visualizations

Add trendline to timechart splunk

karthi25
Path Finder

I am having the chart with durations, Now I want add a line over the chart with values as avg(duration). I used below query, but its not showing up trendline

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   |search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
     |eval _time=start_epoch
     |eval end_epoch=strptime(endDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
     |eval duration=round((end_epoch-start_epoch)/3600)
      | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | trendline sma5(duration) as sma_Max_Resp

My expectation will be as followsalt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey try this!

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   
|search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
      |eval _time=start_epoch
       | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration

just add eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration at the end of your query instead of trendline command.

let me know if this helps you!

View solution in original post

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey try this!

index=cloudfoundry sourcetype=cloudfoundry_apps "cf_foundation=px-npe01" "cf_org_name=Commissions" "cf_space_name=development" "cf_app_name=splunk**   
|search endDate !=null AND status='COMPLETED' |eval start_epoch=strptime(startDate,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1N")
      |eval _time=start_epoch
       | chart values(duration) as duration by processLogId | eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration

just add eventstats avg(duration) as avg_duration at the end of your query instead of trendline command.

let me know if this helps you!

karthi25
Path Finder

@mayurr98 if I want a line in a column chart.. What can I do?? I tried changing the chart type but that average is in a bar shape not a line

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

as per my knowledge, it will not create a line in column chart this solution is only meant for line chart!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...