Dashboards & Visualizations

Add Custom header in Dashboard pdf

ppurokit
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have dashboard which is scheduled to generate pdf for every 2 hours.

As of now i make use of Simple XML.

Now i need to add a Header for Example : The company name at the top of the report like a cover page.

Can someone please let me know its possible to achieve it. If so how it can achieved?

Thanks in Advance
Prasanna Kumar

Tags (3)
0 Karma

aakwah
Builder

If you are checking this question at 2018 like me 🙂 then this can be done easily, Settings -> Server settings -> Email settings -> PDF Report Settings

0 Karma

toby6578
Path Finder

Why don't you just create a simple html header in the source code for your dashboard? This will then show as a header on your pdf

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

Prasanna,
Have you got any solution to this?

0 Karma

nmistry_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Including or excluding the splunk logo from pdf is the only configuration available for integrated pdf generation. This can be achieved using reportIncludeSplunkLogo in alert_actions.conf learn more about specs here.

To include custom logo, you will have to modify python code. NOTE: this is risky, not supported and will be overwritten upon upgrade.

Step 1. You will need to come up with an SVG for your logo

Step 2. Modify $SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/pdf/pdfrenderer.py file. At the end of the file, change the variable assignment of __splunkLogoSvg_ to your new logo.

Step 3. Restart Splunk and generate the PDF with the new logo design.

vince2010091
Path Finder

Step 3 : no need to restart

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

I have tried with simple svg code in pdfrenderer.py. It works
However I am not able to get correct svg code for my company logo.
And i tried with one. But it ends up in some errors.
Is there any other way to embed the logo in pdf reports??

Thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...