Dashboards & Visualizations

Add Custom header in Dashboard pdf

ppurokit
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have dashboard which is scheduled to generate pdf for every 2 hours.

As of now i make use of Simple XML.

Now i need to add a Header for Example : The company name at the top of the report like a cover page.

Can someone please let me know its possible to achieve it. If so how it can achieved?

Thanks in Advance
Prasanna Kumar

Tags (3)
0 Karma

aakwah
Builder

If you are checking this question at 2018 like me 🙂 then this can be done easily, Settings -> Server settings -> Email settings -> PDF Report Settings

0 Karma

toby6578
Path Finder

Why don't you just create a simple html header in the source code for your dashboard? This will then show as a header on your pdf

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

Prasanna,
Have you got any solution to this?

0 Karma

nmistry_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Including or excluding the splunk logo from pdf is the only configuration available for integrated pdf generation. This can be achieved using reportIncludeSplunkLogo in alert_actions.conf learn more about specs here.

To include custom logo, you will have to modify python code. NOTE: this is risky, not supported and will be overwritten upon upgrade.

Step 1. You will need to come up with an SVG for your logo

Step 2. Modify $SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/pdf/pdfrenderer.py file. At the end of the file, change the variable assignment of __splunkLogoSvg_ to your new logo.

Step 3. Restart Splunk and generate the PDF with the new logo design.

vince2010091
Path Finder

Step 3 : no need to restart

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

I have tried with simple svg code in pdfrenderer.py. It works
However I am not able to get correct svg code for my company logo.
And i tried with one. But it ends up in some errors.
Is there any other way to embed the logo in pdf reports??

Thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...