Dashboards & Visualizations

Accelerate Search results in dashboard

Amirahussein
Path Finder

i am searching for a way to accelerate dashboard
the dashboard contains 4 panels, each of them is running same search but with different time picker
i mean:
Panel 1: for 1 hour
Panel 2: for 24 hours
panel 3: for 1 week
panel 4: for 1 month

the 3 panels are taking too much time till viewing the results (line chart)
so i need such an easy way to enhance the dashboard performance

Tags (1)
0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

There are a few ways.

1. You could have post process. Set the base search to the longest time range and keep _time in the results. In the panel queries, add a clause to filter down to the correct time range. I'd probably use a relative_time eval. Then finish the query out.

2. Create a summary index and search that.

3. Create an accelerated data model to search.

4. Create saved searches for each panel, or I suppose, in a manner similar to what I described in scenario 1, you could create one saved search that includes _time and filter it down in each panel.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If your #4 is "Schedule the long searches to run every hour and pull in the results using loadjob" then I agree with your answer. I would try #1, #4, #2, then #3 (#3 has a significant disk impact).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...