Dashboards & Visualizations

APM Dashboard Does not Display Metric Data

jrhoward

Hi, we've been using Splunk (SignalFX) APM for about a month now. Our initial implementation is for a .NET Framework stack (4.6.2), utilizing an OpenTelemetry collector, to push traces and metrics to Splunk. We're utilizing Zipkins as our exporter (previous attempts with the OTLP exporter were unsuccessful).

We are able to view our traces within the APM area of Splunk. I am able to drill into various nodes of our application and even click the 'Troubleshoot' link to view additional metrics around latency and errors, however, when we try to use the built in APM Dashboard, none of the metric data is populated. This is odd, considering we can see that same data when we follow the 'Troubleshoot' link of a node.

I'm curious to learn more about how the APM Dashboard pulls metrics to try and understand why our Dashboard has no metrics, but the 'Troubleshooting' side of APM does.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...