Dashboards & Visualizations

ALT-Click Not Working in FF on Linux

clspears
Engager

The documentation for Splunk 4.1.x states that using an ALT-Click will add an EXCLUDE to the current search terms. I find this works as advertised in with Firefox 3.x in Windows. However, ALT-Click in Firefox 3.x on my OpenSUSE desktop doesn't do anything; the search terms are not changed.

FYI, CTRL-Click on both systems works the same: wildcard followed by NOT [clicked-on-item], which is not what I'm trying to do.

Anyone else experience this behavior?

Tags (1)

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i can confirm this behavior. ill try and submit a bug for this..
.gz

Lowell
Super Champion

Rrobers, how does disabling the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace on your X server resolve this issue? I'm not sure how this is related? (I too have run into this very annoying issue with Firefox starting with Splunk 4.0.x. But it worked fine in Splunk 3.4, and it works with Splunk 4.0 and 4.1 using Google Chrome on Linux.) Any thoughts?

0 Karma

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yeap, already there! No need for a new one.

0 Karma

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think this is a known issue. Submitted as bug SPL-11735. Work around http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/disable-ctrlaltbackspace-from-restarting-x-windows-on-linux/

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...