Product News & Announcements
All the latest news and announcements about Splunk products. Subscribe and never miss an update!

Splunk Security Cloud Makes Security Offerings Easier to Buy/Use In The Cloud

bjennewein
Retired

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.10.00 AM.pngToday, we are announcing our new Splunk Security Cloud offering, which will integrate the following security solutions and deliver them in the cloud: Splunk Cloud Platform, Splunk Enterprise Security and new Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom). For years, Splunk has delivered innovative security solutions to help our community of practitioners detect and remediate threats, wherever they reside. Splunk Security Cloud now makes these solutions even easier-to-buy and easier-to-use.

I’ve worked for Splunk for three years, and in tech for nearly two decades, and when I came to our Community team early last year, I was awe struck by how all of you, our members, rally behind one another, support each other, and continually cultivate a truly inclusive culture rooted in success and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. So to say I am excited about what you all will do with Splunk Security Cloud would be a huge understatement. (Huge.)

The “journey to cloud” is no joke, and I’ve really begun to appreciate how much effort that takes AND how very different it looks for different kinds of organizations and practitioners. Back when I worked with large financial institutions, making decisions about which apps or experiences to support with which kinds of infrastructure was hard, and transitioning those to the cloud was challenging. So having the flexibility of tools and technologies that can make that journey with you is paramount. It’s just one reason why I’d be excited as a security practitioner to know that whether on-prem or in the cloud, Splunk’s looking out for me. 

So what's in the box? Splunk Security Cloud includes Splunk Cloud Platform, Splunk Enterprise Security, and new Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Splunk Phantom), with all the capabilities you know and love, plus so much more. It includes Advanced Security Analytics which leverages machine learning to detect and deliver key insights into your multi-cloud environments; Automated Security Operations to help you automate and orchestrate detection, investigation, and response; and our fabulous ecosystem of apps, add-ons, and partners. In short, beloved security practitioners, you can expect Splunk Security Cloud to help you work faster, automate more, gain insights, and improve your relative security postures for wherever you are in your cloud journey.  

You can read more about our announcement here, or check out Jane Wong's post on Splunk's corporate blog. And we hope to be able to offer a free trial experience of this powerful new offering soon. 

All this leaves me brimming with curiosity though… what do you think? Sound off in the comments below, and I’ll send a little Splunk swag love your way. 🙂 

Bryan Jennewein

Sr. Director, Splunk Community… and all around nice person.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...