Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

New Resources for Upgrading Splunk Enterprise

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We wanted to share some newly published best practices for upgrading your Splunk! 

Every great Splunk admin should be thinking about upgrading to the latest version and we want to make sure you’ve got all the guidance you need. We recommend that an upgrade is performed every two years. Learn how to get in the ‘sweet spot’ of Splunk Enterprise updates - ensuring you can implement stable new features, keep pace with innovation and reduce risk.

Read the “Upgrading Splunk Enterprise” Lantern how-to article in order to get help during your upgrade process. You’ll learn about version compatibility, avoiding pitfalls, order of operations, and general tips and best practices.

We also have resources available on our Splunk Answers Discussion board.

Happy upgrading, folks!

— The Splunk Community Team

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...