Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

Humans That Splunk: Meet Juha Tamminen

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Juha Tamminen, a Technology Advisor at E2 Software Oy in Finland, tells us how Splunk has highly impacted and influenced his career. He explains how the symbiotic relationship of gaining skills from peers and giving those learnings back to the community offers self-confidence tied to a reliable product.

"Splunk has been 'everything' in my working career for the last nine years. It has fulfilled my customers' and my personal needs to solve IT challenges for being such a stable and amazingly good technology."

Juha_.conf17.jpegJuha's first Splunk assignment was to implement an indexer tier cluster using version 4.2, with only two physical servers to do the installation. The system was running great for several years, and success came with help from Splunk's developers,  SE's, and the Splunk community. Since that project, Juha continues to enjoy sharing his knowledge in order to help other Splunk aficionados triumph as well.

"I'm proud to be a part of the community to share my knowledge with others, and it also gives me confidence in knowing that I can have support from the community whenever I need it."

Juha was inducted into the SplunkTrust last year at .conf20 and is a big fan of this annual event because it has offered the chance to meet Splunk employees face-to-face, often for the first time after only communicating via email or phone beforehand. Overall, meeting passionate people, learning new things, and having some good party times are all reasons why he says, "Every Splunk user should participate in .conf at least once in their lifetime". 

All of the aforementioned magic will be experienced once again this year at .conf21 (in a virtual fashion, but of course), happening Oct. 18-21, 2021 🎩Sign up here to receive notifications from Splunk so you can stay up to date with all things .conf!

— Michelle Schlachta, Community + Content at Splunk

Subscribe to the Humans That Splunk label (while signed in) to learn about other community members who are super-passionate about Splunk, and get notified when new stories are published.

Tags (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...